Colonial Long Arm Centering Tape
- Fiberglass reinforced tape for dimensional accuracy
- Attaches securely to frames, tables, and other large work surfaces
- Freese your hands for easy set-up
- Adjustable markers help you maintain accurate measurements from beginning to end.
Contains: 14' (4.25 m) measuring tape, 12 sliding markers, hoop and loop strips (2 sets), 2 Binder Clamps
The LongArm Centering Tape suspends securely over your entire work area, leaving you hands free for positioning and pinning your quilt materials. The tape itself is fiverglass reinforced to assure accurate measuring and dimentional stability for long-lasting use. The 12 sliding markers act as a guide for consistent measurements from beginning to end.
Hoop & loop strips (2 sets included) can be used to hold the tape in position on frames up to 14 feet wise. For verasility, use the binder clamps (two included) to hold ends of tape in position on a variety of frame or table sizes.
- Thread markers onto tape as shown (on the back of package). Pinch end of tape for easy threading.
- Align center of tape with center mark on your leader cloth. Slide markers straight along the tape, and position at your preference for spacing.
Hoop and Loop Strips (for all frame sizes)
- For Shorter Frames: Wrape tape around both sides of your frame. sew or stape hook and loop strips to bothe ends of tape as shown (on the back of packaage), so opposite parts of strips meet beyond your work surface.
- For 14" Frames: Sew or staple hook and loop strip to underside of both tape ends, and fasten to loop and hook strips already on your frame.
- Loosen hook and loop strips and pull tape tight until it suspends over your work surface. Recheck centering and adjust if necessary.
Binder Clamps (for frames lesss than 14')
- Wrap tape around both sides of your frame, and clamp tape parts together.
- Release binder clamps slightly, and pull both ends of tape tight undil it suspends over your work surface. Recheck center.
HINT: Use C-Clamps to hold tape at a table edge or other work surface.